We are creating a new opportunity for an experienced, resourceful, personable, confident, and highly organised Human Resources Manager to join the BUILDHOLLYWOOD team at our Angel office.
Your role will be our first ever HR-dedicated role, and there will be lots of opportunities to streamline our processes, communications, and policies to keep our team happy, active, unified, and growing. You will also be working closely with the Managing Director to help define, shape, and maintain our company culture.
We are looking for someone who will bring their experience, energy, and creativity to our company.
Based across the UK, our team is 90-strong, and we are set to hit the 100 mark this year. This feels like a milestone, and so now is the perfect time to have a dedicated HR Manager that will help take the company, and its employees, to the next stage of growth. Our ambition is to make sure we are always a brilliant place to work where people grow, develop and feel supported.
- Assist the Managing Director in the recruitment process, including with job advertisements, contracts, and other paperwork
- Keeping all policies and procedures accurate and up to date with support from the Group Solicitor
- Be the go-to person for all company HR-related enquiries
- Be responsible for company employee communications and engagement
- Identify training and development needs, and put programmes in place
- Create and implement an employee review structure
- Develop and implement our health and wellbeing programmes
- Organise regular office and company bonding events
- Oversee the flexible working schemes, refining where necessary
- Develop and implement reward and recognition schemes
- Ensure training is up to date for first-aiders, mental health first-aiders and fire marshals
- Help implement and monitor the company behaviour guidelines
- Coordinate the overtime system, getting necessary approvals, logging, and informing finance
- Oversee the People HR system, ensuring it’s up to date and that staff are engaged
- Run the holiday approvals system and ensure there are no pinch points in teams
- Organise onboarding and offboarding for all staff
- Implement and refine our company inductions for new starters
- Ideally have experience in a similar role
- Ideally have CIPD qualifications to help support the Managing Director with appraisals, disciplinaries and other key HR processes
Working with us:
- We are a vibrant, busy, and creative company where individuality is encouraged, and everyone has a voice
- We act like a family, ensuring a supportive and inclusive atmosphere across the whole company
- We all care passionately about our company and our work, and are proud to sit outside the mainstream
- We provide 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- We have a flexible working scheme – to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Bonus scheme, to share in company profits
How to apply:
Please apply via email with a CV and cover letter addressing the job specification, and explaining why BUILDHOLLYWOOD is the company for you, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.